Ohio Ag Weather and Forecast September 11, 2019


first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Not a lot of change in thought this morning. We stay warm for the next 2 days, and will be warmer than we had really thought we could be in central and southern Ohio. However, clouds over northern areas and a chance of showers will lead to less heat over the northern half of the state the next two days, with more humidity as a trade off.Today turns out partly to mostly sunny over the state with a chance of afternoon/evening showers running right through the overnight in areas from I-70 north. We can see rain totals of .1″-.6″ and coverage of 70% in those areas later today and tonight. We expect no rain potential south of I-70. Similarly, tomorrow will be partly sunny and very warm again, with a chance of scattered showers north and east of a line from Toledo to just south of Wheeling, WV. Those showers tomorrow can trigger up to .4″ with coverage at 60% of the area north of that line.Our next frontal boundary is still on track for a Friday passage. Sun will be followed by clouds on Friday, but we stay in the warm sector for most of the day, meaning we should be above normal again. The cold front moves through from late afternoon through the overnight. Rain totals will be from .1″-.6″ and coverage will include most of central and eastern Ohio. The western third of the state may not see much precipitation at all from the front.Saturday turns out mostly sunny and we will be cooler. Then Sunday through next Thursday we have Partly to mostly sunny skies with temps relatively warm (near normal).10 day rain potentialNext Thursday night we have to keep an eye out for scattered showers that may produce a few hundredths to a tenth or two, but they will not be that big of a story. Right now we have spotty coverage at 40%. Friday the 24th starts with mostly sunny skies, but clouds build. We expect a significant low pressure circulation to move through overnight next Friday night through Saturday the 23rd. Rain and thunderstorms combine to bring us .25″-1″ rains over 90% of the state. The remaining 10% will see rain, but likely just under that .25″ lower bound.Behind that system ,we finish the extended period significantly colder. WE are partly to mostly sunny for the 22nd and 23rd, with scattered showers Tuesday the 24th. Those showers should stay under .25″ of total moisture. Wednesday the 25th is partly sunny, but a reinforcing shot of colder air is in. Temps will be in the low to mid 30s over WI, western MI and northern IL, and that pushes us into the lower 40s Wednesday morning. WE stay cool through the balance of the month and may have to contend with a few showers around the Thursday the 26th.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *